Sr. Manager/Associate Director - Life Science Solutions
Remote U.S. /
Sales Solutions /
About the Position
Flywheel is seeking an Sr. Manager/Associate Director - Life Science Solutions to join our busy and growing team. This is a unique opportunity to have hands-on involvement in all aspects of Technical and Scientific Sales, Support and Consultancy activities within a fast-paced company working with cutting edge technology. Successful applicants will have a passion to strive in a cross functional setting to drive the utilization of Flywheel solutions in life sciences settings in all technical and scientific matters regarding pre-sales, sales, post-sales support, and customer/partner training.
The key goal of this position is to be responsible for the full sales cycle of our product: from identifying, documenting, and articulating business and technical requirements of a prospective customer, to qualification, proposal, and post-sale technical support.
Work closely with our team of engineers and business stakeholders in a fast-paced startup environment. In this role, you will collaborate with the Sales, Implementation, Product, Engineering, and Customer Support Teams to ensure customer satisfaction. We are highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve.
Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Assist in qualifying sales leads from a business, technical, and scientific standpoint.
- Develop and conduct demos of software products to prospective customers.
- Coordinate trials/pilots of software products and serve as the primary technical point of contact.
- Identify pain points and design high-level technical propositions to solve them.
- Scope, develop, and document Proofs of Concept (PoC).
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with accounts.
- Create and articulate value-proposition for our products.
- Architect solutions to solve technical challenges.
- Hands-on involvement in all aspects of Technical Sales activities for multiple accounts.
- Serve as the lead technical contact/scientific advisor for identified accounts and work closely with the customer support/engineering teams to answer, escalate, and resolve technical issues.
- Take lead on and facilitate responses to prospective customers requests for proposal and information (RFP, RFI).
- Provide group or webinar technical training for new and existing customers and partners.
- Traveling up to 10%.
What would make you a great fit
- Strong account management background with 5+ years in technical sales or Technical/Scientific Account Management (TAM).
- An extensive technical background with 5+ years of coding experience in Python and/or MATLAB.
- Experience working in or working with life science companies.
- Strong understanding of life science accounts and their needs.
- Knowledge regarding utilization of technology within scientific and clinical settings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to give effective presentations, especially experience in leading demos and POCs for Pharmaceutical, Clinical and/or Academic entities.
- Ability to manage cross-functionally under tight timelines.
- An independent and result-driven work ethic.
- Ability to examine and resolve barriers and identify improvement opportunities.
- Conversational technical understanding of DICOM standards.
- Experience with data management platforms and/or PACS/VNA systems.
- Experience leveraging Salesforce as the central hub for Sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related experience (MS or Ph.D. Preferred) in Biomedical Engineering or a related field.
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.