OHIF Imaging Engineer
Remote U.S. /
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced and talented Imaging Engineer to join our growing team and assist in building Flywheel's best-in-class neuroimaging research platform. Our platform allows users to collect a variety of research data that is carefully curated and indexed, from tabular files to neuroimaging scans. Our Angular UI enables researchers to browse, search, and organize their data; as well as view representations of collected research using a library of built-in components and companion applications.
An important application we use for DICOM and NIfTI image data is the OHIF Viewer. We have a number of features and use cases that expand upon the open source project, many of which could be contributed back to the community. We are looking for a UI engineer who is able to align our needs with the community in terms of upstream changes and roadmap items.
Successful applicants will have a passion for problem-solving, teamwork, and delivering excellent results.
Working closely with a growing team of engineers and business stakeholders, the development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Plan and execute the development of user interface features
- Work with backend team members to establish data contracts that suit UI needs
- Collaborate with backend team members to establish data contracts that suit UI needs
- Collaborate with frontend team members to maintain and improve application codebases
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve UI/UX issues
- Write automated unit tests for application and library code
- Integrate with the QA team to identify end to end test cases
- Consult with the product team to plan out features effectively
- Engage with an open source community to align our efforts with any parallel of conflicting roadmap items
What would make you a great fit
- Solid proficiency with JS/CSS/HTML
- Working knowledge of React+Redux and its design paradigms
- Experience with medical imaging libraries in the browser, specifically Cornerstone.js
- Familiarity with WADO-URI and WADO-RS specifications
- Understanding of best practices interacting with a RESTful API backed
- Ability to create self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Usage of Git and associated code review processes and tools
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Professional, precise communication skills, with an inclination toward inclusion and visibility
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
Headquartered in Minneapolis with offices in the Bay Area, Boston, and Budapest.