Half Moon Bay, CA
We are looking for qualified candidates to build small unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and the ground equipment needed to fly them. You should be a natural with your hands, creative at overcoming build and repair issues, organized and responsible all while keeping your personal safety and safety of those around you paramount. And finally, you should be excited to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment in a beautiful semi-remote location.
You will be responsible for helping us scale our production rates and improve the quality of our systems. You'll also help with special projects, prototypes, and documenting our build processes.
*Must have legal status to work in the US*
Sample tasks include
- Building HW from engineering instructions, sketches and/or drawings
- Testing UAV sub-systems for high reliability
- Creating solutions to problems that arise during assembly & testing
- Machining, wood shop &, hand tool use to make and/or modify parts
- Maintaining shop tools and equipment in good, safe working order
- Ordering & stocking materials and supplies necessary for completing tasks
- Lots of experience hand building and maintaining prototypes
- Prior machine shop/machine tool use experience
- You’re really strong at building complex HW (cars, planes, machines, assemblies, etc)
- Proficient with computer programs like Google Docs & Spreadsheets &/or MS Office (Word, Excel).
- You are good at or would like to learn to be good at operating a CNC Laser cutter
- You work in a safe, neat, and organized way
- Able to coordinate with large engineering staff to understand tasks
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Nice to have
- Basic Solidworks experience
- CNC machine operation
- Experience making model airplanes and/or UAVs fly