Rwanda Public Relations and Events Planning
Responsible for overseeing events planning and communications with in-country stakeholders, including government, hospitals, media, local communities, and general public.
- Build and protect an accurate and positive reputation for Zipline in country
- Cultivate and manage relationships with in-country media contacts, local communities/hospitals, and gov’t communications personnel
- Manage the flow of information about Zipline to the public
- Oversee all visitor and events planning activities (e.g. press conference, tours, official events)
- Develop communication plan in collaboration with Zipline-Government Communications Technical Working Group
- Manage regular updates and meetings with Communications Technical Working Group
- Establish effective communication channels (i.e. Radio, TV, news, events)
- Design and develop materials (e.g. reports, talking points, briefings, press releases, press kits, posters) for in-country media and communities
- Assess effectiveness of communication messages and tools regularly
- Develop relationships with government communications personnel and regional and local press contacts to ensure the company reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to press and staff.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company and address questions and complaints.
- Plan and oversee events
- Ensure communication is consistent and collaborative internally and externally
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a regional and local level
- Strong relationships with both national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing, editing and design skills
- Experience in high calibre government events planning
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline