California: Flight Operations
Yolo County, CA
Distribution Center Operations
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us.
Do you love to optimize processes in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? Are you highly organized and detail oriented? You might have what it takes to be a flight operator!
As a flight operator, you’ll have the critical task of testing the system to make sure we can deliver medical products reliably every time. This includes preflighting and launching airplanes, preparing packages for delivery testing and constantly working to improve the process. You'll also be expected to provide detailed technical feedback and ideas to the engineering team on how to make our program safer and smarter.
- Positive attitude and upbeat energy
- Self starter that isn't looking for a job with set tasks but thrives in an autonomous environment where you identify what needs to happen and you get it done
- Setting the example for safety critical processes and operations
- Ability to maintain focus during up to 12 hours of flight operations
- Enjoys optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily
- Excited at the potential to travel internationally
- Meticulous and process oriented by nature
- Committed to completing the task, no matter what the weather is looking like (hot, cold, rainy...).
- Working standing outdoor 80% of the day.
- Able to thrive in a team environment as well as individually.
- Able to lift 40lbs repeatedly.
- Experience handling and maintaining electro-mechanical products
- Great at concise technical communications with engineering team
- Experience with first order mechanical, electrical, and networking troubleshooting
- Creating and improving standard operating and troubleshooting procedures
- Desire and ability to obtain FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification
Within 3 months
- Become fully certified on Zipline's operations everywhere from fulfillment to launching Zips to maintenance
- Leverage your unique experience and creativity to improve our operations and product to allow Zipline to better serve our customers
Within 6 months
- Know how to fix any off nominal situation that we've seen at Distribution Center Operations.
- You are more than capable of going to a new Distribution Center to help setup operations and train a team if needed
- Drive major efficiency and product improvements via operations optimization and continuous improvement
Must be willing to work some nights/weekends
Must be eligible to work in the US
Must be able to relocate to near Davis, CA