Software Engineer – Entry-Level Embedded Firmware
Half Moon Bay
Zipline is looking for a junior embedded software engineer who is motivated to learn fast, work on lifesaving projects, and solve really hard problems. No professional experience required, just a love for building things..
At Zipline, we don't mess around with unimportant projects. As a junior engineer, you'd still be given very real projects that will be released to the live system every two weeks.
- Advancing our Hardware-in-the-Loop simulation setup
- Building fake sensors for bench-top testing
- Writing and hardening drivers for peripherals like cellular radios, GPS receivers, and IMUs
- Designing and implementing test binaries for our production team to validate the hardware capabilities of a board
- Proficiency in C
- Love for getting your hands on electronics
- Smart and motivated
- Eager to learn and grow
- Strong work ethic
- Experience making things that move, blink, or beep
- Terms like RS-485, real-time OS, and stack usage get you excited