The Country Director (CD) will manage high-level relationships with the government, donors, and investors, with a large focus on growth and expansion. You will be responsible for leading the Rwanda Distribution Centers (DC), information management; providing direction and feedback to employees, and the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Zipline activities. You should enjoy playing multiple roles including: documenting processes, refining the tools, training team members, communications with internal and external stakeholders, performing data analysis, leading meetings with senior personnel from the government and partners. You are a Rwandan national, fluent in Kinyarwanda.
- Represent Zipline to senior government officials, international donors, and to press and media. Develop and foster effective working relationship with clients from national to grassroots level.
- Manage all country office staff including oversight of country office finance, administration and human resources. Provide coaching and results-oriented leadership of the country staff. Stimulate individual staff performance and lead overall team development
- Working with global staff to ensure effective reporting and developing continuous process improvements.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on all major factors impacting on the business.
- Establish strategic alliances to explore areas for collaboration and expanding and strengthening Zipline’s impact.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in management role
- Minimum 8 years working in logistics, supply chain, or healthcare
- Excellent communication skills for day-to-day relations with public health officials and the local communities served by the Zipline system
- Ability to navigate complex government processes with multiple influencers, and to negotiate and achieve consensus
- Strong organizational, project management, and project execution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with organization leadership on strategic, operational, and organizational issues, as a strong yet collaborative team member
- Experience conceiving, planning and executing complex programs or projects with verifiable results
- Exceptional strategic thinking, problem-solving, team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time within Rwanda and internationally.
- Experience in healthcare, transportation, logistics, or supply chain management
- Familiarity with aviation, flight controls, or unmanned aerial vehicles
- Experience with maintenance programs that combine software and hardware
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Kinyarwanda and French proficiency preferred but not required