Half Moon Bay, CA
Support the organization in all aspects of supply chain including with an emphasis on buying and material planning.
- Ability to understand and perform functions of demand, forecasting, planning for parts and production, MRP, requisitions, buying, negotiations and supplier management.
- Identify, quantify and source: cost reduction, risk mitigation and capacity opportunities as related to all facets of the supply chain.
- Tactically manage suppliers, with an emphasis on supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Place and update POs / Blanket POs to support the build plan.
- Learn and become proficient in the company’s ERP system to support all Supply Chain and related activities.
- Highlight and help eliminate potential procurement hold-ups within the organization at an early stage.
- Executes expediting strategies.
- Help identify and establish needed Supply Chain best practices and procedures.
- Help to identify, quantify and execute Supplier Development and strategic supplier management initiatives.
- Purchasing Policy and Procedure contribution and adherence including process improvement.
Preferred Experience & Education
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance or related field of discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with buying and planning within an ERP environment.
- Ability to get people to do things for you at all levels, internally and externallyAbility to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Automotive, Aerospace or similar technical industry
- Experience with NetSuite ERP Supply Chain modules
- ISM and APICS certification preferred, e.g., C.P.M., CPIM, CPSM, CSCP.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment and knowledge of applicable tools and methodologies.
- Must be able to bend, reach and lift moderate weight items
- Must be well organized Convincing communicator
- Assertive / Confident
- Highly structured worker
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter / Results driven / Competitive
- Team player / Collaborative / Problem solver
- Action biased
- Energetic / Passionate
- Entrepreneurially minded