Electrical Engineer – Power Systems and Energy Storage
Half Moon Bay, CA
We are looking for an Electrical engineer to focus on designing fault tolerant, high reliability battery systems for small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs/UAS). This engineer will be responsible for everything from architecture to circuit design to verification and validation of the power system. This system includes batteries, fault protection circuits, power distribution, cabling, power conversion of unregulated busses, power quality, telemetry, and health monitoring of batteries.
Must have legal status to work in US.
- Design and validation of modular vehicle batteries (electronics, packaging, thermal management, fault management, manufacturing)
- Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, analysis, and testing of unmanned aerial vehicle power electronics, batteries and power fault management.
- Participate in system and sub-system level design trades and develop requirements
- Support electrical power system verification testing and analysis
- Define and perform electrical power system verification testing and analysis
- Work with multidisciplinary teams of design, test, and production engineers to create new power electronics hardware
- Familiarity with aviation electrical power systems
- Experience designing mobile battery systems with ownership of battery management electronics, fault detection circuitry, and “fuel gauging” components and algorithms
- Knowledge of lithium ion, lithium polymer, and/or super capacitors
- Power electronics environmental testing and packaging for challenging applications
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: high voltage supplies, electric propulsion systems, digital control techniques, and/or solar based power systems
- Familiarity with DC-DC power converter design and development, including building a switching power supply from scratch
- Knowledge of fundamental power converter topologies
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and testing of power electronics
- Passion for hardware simulation and development. Must be a hands-on engineer and excited to work in a fast paced environment