Senior Software Engineer
Half Moon Bay, CA
Zipline is developing the most advanced fleet of autonomous vehicles in the world to serve its mission of providing life-saving medical products to people in need across the planet. To do this, we're building a small team of the best and brightest software engineers to come up with simple solutions to really hard problems.
You are the right person for this job if you are excited to contribute across a stack of robotics-oriented systems – from writing optimizing path planners to defining state machines for mechatronic ground equipment. You must also be excited to be a technical leader for large portions of the system. You must be comfortable owning a project from start to finish: crafting requirements and working both individually and with a team of engineers. You are self driven, a natural leader, and a talented systems engineer. You thrive on small teams focused on getting stuff done.
In your first month, you will take on full ownership for a large system - from defining the roadmap to releasing regular updates to our distribution centers.
You should be an A-Team individual contributor:
- A system-level thinker
- Great at finding a clear path in a sea of uncertainty
- An expert programmer
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Excited to work on safety-critical algorithms
You should be a respected technical leader:
- An excellent communicator to both stakeholders and the engineering team
- Able to lead a team of engineers to do achieve the impossible
- See around corners, always having a Plan B and C
You probably have experience with:
- Small companies that shipped products
- Applied robotics, like self-driving cars
- Medical devices
- Sensor Fusion
- Machine Learning
U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.