Social Intern (Esports)
Marketing – Content /
As a Social Intern at Fnatic, you’ll delight our existing fans (and attract new ones) by contributing incredible content that people can't help but engage with and share. Our community is dedicated to laughter, rivalry, sometimes absurdity. You get this, and reflect on internet culture in a way that speaks with them. This is an amazing opportunity to see the impact of your ideas come to life with an audience of hundreds of thousands, and develop your skills learning from a team who are setting the bar within esports.
We're looking for multiple interns, with one across each of CS:GO, League of Legends, Valorant, and FIFA. The internship is offered for up to six months for 20 hours/week, with hours varying according to the title and matchplay schedules.
Your mission is to:
- Provide match coverage for our one of our professional teams across multiple platforms (but primarily Twitter)
- Generate engaging content at an agreed cadence, also leaning on our Video and Design teams when needed to ensure our content amazes
- Assist in building storylines around the team with social content pre and post game
- Ensure the social calendar is maintained and adhered to
- Build understanding of social platform specifics and way to best leverage their algorithms
- Encourage interaction between Fnatic’s network of players and influencers to build audience engagement
- Support community management with a proactive approach to comments and social trends, ensuring responses are on-brand and considered
- Provide reports on community sentiment, follower growth, engagement and campaign performance regularly
- Assist in planning and execution of paid social campaigns
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Social & Community
We're looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for your nominated esports title and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Ability to be equally impactful with visuals as you are with words
- A great understand of youth/online culture, as well as social platform trends
- Knowledge of social tools and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Intuition to spot an opportunity and grab attention
- Demonstrable ability to post clever, engaging and visually appealing social content
- A thirst for data and addiction to watching our engagement and followers grow
- A love of social and general understanding of marketing principles
- Incredible organisation, and ability to handle multiple tasks with ease
- A flexible approach and ability to make things happen
- Strong written and verbal communication in English (additional languages desirable)
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London
- Self-development book requests for the Fnatic Library
- Fnatic shop staff discount
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports performance brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by our ability to advance esports performance, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. Our pros and creators generated more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms.
Forging the future is in our DNA. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and continue to lead the industry with the quality of our pro wear and fan apparel. After launching in 2016, our award-winning esports equipment (comprising mice, keyboards, headsets and pads) has sold to hundreds of thousands of gaming enthusiasts who want to play better.
Gaming is the place where music, fashion, sport and technology come together, and Fnatic is leading the charge.