Marketing – Growth
Our world is becoming more borderless by the day. You don't need money to have clout, and you can build your empire from your own bedroom.
Esports is at the forefront of this. By dominating your game as a pro-player, drawing thousands of watchers to your stream, or creating content that connects - there are many ways you can become a household name.
Our Data Science team is responsible for the full lifetime of our fans; from sourcing data, analysis and reporting, training and deploying Machine Learning models, identifying what makes our fans love us, to finding the next big esports talent.
There are huge opportunities to apply Data Science right across the whole esports vertical at Fnatic, and we're looking for someone on an initial 3 month contract basis in a unique opportunity to build something from scratch, and change the game.
Your mission is to:
- Develop data-driven business insights, working across all business verticals to identify opportunities and recommend prioritisation of Product, Growth, Commercial and optimisation initiatives
- Drive understanding of our users/customers/fans and their interaction with our products, through in-depth analyses of user interaction and engagement, as well as geospatial data
- Orient our teams around data-driven product development, by driving the creation of logging, metrics, data visualisation and diagnostic tools, and experimentation paradigms
- Identify potential talent we should partner with early on, by ingesting data into our own infrastructure and using analysis to identify potential talent/influencers
- Help define success measurement across Fnatic, by developing trackable Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Growth and other disciplines such as Tech, Operations, Commercial and Marketing
We're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience applying Product/Data Analytics to real-world problems (ideally 2+ years)
- Masters/PhD or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Sciences or Operational Research
- Comfort coding in Python and SQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Exceptional communication skills, able to communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion and challenge prescribed thinking
- A self-starter that can own projects from start to finish
- Machine Learning experience desirable (but not essential)
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London, with 8 other locations around the world
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.