People & Culture Coordinator
People & Culture – People Operations
As People & Culture Coordinator at Fnatic's Berlin office, you’ll support the overall management of the environment as well as own important administrative tasks, working closely with HQ People & Culture, Finance and Legal colleagues to provide localised expertise.
You’ll also play an important role in setting the standards in our Berlin facilities, ensuring our focus on high performance and quality is reflected in the Berlin team's culture and environment.
We're looking for someone on a part-time basis, for 20 hours/week, for a fixed-term through till the end of November. This is a great opportunity to grow and make your mark in an industry getting more massive by the day, esports!
Your mission is to:
- Manage the day-to-day Fnatic experience for our Berlin facility, from the environment through to the cultural practices we uphold
- Collaborate with Fnatic HQ Finance and Legal teams, as well as local Accounting and Legal advisers to support German administrative processes
- Build a strong relationship with the landlord and be the primary point of communication for maintenance/repairs
- Act as the primary owner of Health & Safety, and ensure policies and processes are fit for purpose
- Maintain knowledge of German employment law and People best practice
- Work with the People Operations Manager to ensure error-free execution of payroll each month
- Ensure local compliance with processes defined by HQ, and communicate changes in company policy to Berlin staff
- Provide general People support to Berlin staff; including individual coaching, goal setting and executing staff requests (references, supporting visa evidence, etc)
- Support onboarding processes, looking after provision of IT equipment to staff and maintain our asset register
- Ensure Berlin staff records are kept up to date, and ensuring proper archiving of all employment documents
- Manage Berlin office and staff insurances
- Manage supplier accounts and handle payments to office service providers
- Support any postage/shipping needs (local customs, documentation)
- Maintain office consumables, ensuring staff have required tools to conduct their work
- Administer benefits/perks for Berlin staff, and support growth in Fnatic’s offering with future localised potential opportunities
- Enhance culture/morale through local outings/events
- Support Berlin Talent Acquisition processes as required
- Create content to promote life at Fnatic externally and enhance our employer brand, with an emphasis on growing our recognition in Berlin
- Ad-hoc tasks as directed by manager
We're looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in German and English (additional languages desirable)
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Finance, Law or similar
- Good understanding of German employment law and processes
- Experience with a range of financial administration tasks
- Previous office management experience and strong eye for detail
- Incredible organisation, and ability to handle multiple tasks with ease
- A creative mindset, with an eye for improvements and initiatives to the environment
- Tech savviness, with exposure to the Google and Microsoft suites
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.