Strategic Coach (Rainbow Six)
Pro-Gaming – Performance
As Strategic Coach for Fnatic's Rainbow Six team, you'll be an important part of ensuring the ongoing success of a team that is very much a rising star within the Fnatic family. You'll support the Head Coach and players to prepare for matches through analysis of our own and opponent's matchplay, and be on top of all Rainbow Six title developments and trends.
In order to best support our currently Australia-based team, the successful candidate will ideally be based in the APAC region.
Your mission is to:
- Analyse Fnatic’s upcoming opponents in regards to aspects including but not limited to: operators, strategy, maps, positions, patch changes and habits; and anything else you consider essential for match and tournament preparations
- Lead a collaborative approach in creating new strategies and counter strategies for opponents and regions
- Provide tactical and strategic reports for both the team as a whole and individuals
- Create game study material to accelerate player's learning process
- Follow global and regional trends in terms of operators, map pool, meta changes and deliver analysis on patch changes
- Provide feedback and suggestions on how to optimise the team’s communication and team play
- Support Head Coach and other support staff in the preparations, execution and review of matches, tournaments and practice sessions.
- Provide support across other game matters as required by Pro-Gaming management
- Maintain a positive and can-do approach during hectic periods of increased workload at tournaments such as 6 Major and Six Invitational
- Assist Pro-Gaming management during the off-season with player scouting, shortlisting potential signings and creating data visualisations of their attributes
- Ensure all research collated is stored exclusively on Fnatic Drive or other cloud storage associated with your Fnatic email account, and share with appropriate persons as requested
We're looking for:
- A deep understanding of Rainbow Six and its competitive esports scene
- A collaborative mindset that will allow the players to play to their strengths
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, other languages desirable
- Willingness to travel to regular events anywhere in the world (sometimes back to back)
- Drive and a high standard of professionalism
- Someone open to the possibility of relocation with the team in future if required
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.