Head of Production
Entertainment – Content /
Off the back of delivering the first luxury brand collaboration in esports brands, GUCCI x Fnatic, and driving BMW head first into a gaming future, this is a role for the aspirational as we continue to raise the bar on connecting to the fastest and liveliest segment of youth culture through our creative endeavours.
As Head of Production at Fnatic, you'll lead our internal studio responsible for delivery of all creative from across the business, be it creating highly engaging campaigns for our brand partnerships with global brands like BMW and AMD, brand content pieces with talent collaborations or diverse product marketing assets to launch the next Fnatic apparel drops to millions of fans. You'll be meticulous about quality, and ensure that our ethos of high performance is reflected in all of the creative we produce.
You'll have a track record of implementing great processes to make the most of the creative minds you've worked with in the past, and be a cool head in times of high pressure, keeping morale high and ensuring standards never slip. You're also the type of person who can see problems before they arise, and have an innate sense of when a situation requires flexibility to deviate from a well-laid plan in order to get the best result. Most importantly, you'll be passionate about seeing how your efforts in planning and process translate to attention-grabbing creative that continues to surprise and delight millions of fans and new audiences, across the world.
Your mission is to:
- Oversee production of all creative requests within Fnatic, ensuring delivery of assets that are on time, on budget, and of a high standard
- Keep Producers and Project Managers on point with a unified production process, and work closely with the COO and People & Culture Director to ensure planning is aligned with company planning and goal setting processes
- Work closely with Creative Leads to ensure appropriate level of resource is available for upcoming production needs
- Drive compliance with briefing processes from Commercial and Marketing teams to ensure creative delivered always exceeds expectations
- Maintain a high level of morale in the team, especially during occasions of time pressure
- Ensure risks are managed appropriately within projects and preventative measures are taken
- Ensure production progress and timelines are communicated within Fnatic; as well as leading on reporting post major projects
- Monitor adherence to budgets and look to make savings without compromising quality
- Maintain industry and market awareness on production methodology and ensure Producers/Project Managers benefit from relevant innovations
- Explore useful planning and production management tools, test their effectiveness and implement where suitable
- Support talent acquisition efforts within Production as required, leading on candidate assessment and providing appropriate feedback
We're looking for:
- Track record of delivering award-winning and innovative multimedia campaigns across a variety of platforms
- A deep understanding of creative production disciplines and process, and curiosity to stay on top of latest trends
- On point intuition, with ability to think through brief requirements holistically, drawing out any issues or pitfalls and providing solutions
- Detail-orientation and strength in resource management/optimisation, able to do a little with a lot
- Ability to work with stakeholders (internal and external) at varying levels of seniority
- Planning and budget management proficiency
- Proven management skills and ability to grow those you mentor
- A positive disposition, resilient and calm under pressure
- Connection to youth culture and appreciation for great creative output
- Flexibility and willingness to consider different approaches to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, other languages desirable
What we have to offer:
- The chance to learn from an ambitious and super creative team, and enjoy the buzz of our fast-paced business
- Award winning office in the heart of Shoreditch in London
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Self-development book requests for the Fnatic Library
- Fnatic shop staff discount
- Fruit, drinks and snacks available daily in the office
- Regular lunch clubs, Friday drinks and other social activities
Fnatic is a global esports entertainment brand headquartered in London, laser-focused on seeking out, levelling up and amplifying gamers and creators. Our history is unparalleled. Founded in 2004, we are the most successful esports brand of the last decade, winning more than 200 championships across 30 different games.
Today, driven by entertainment, Fnatic is the channel through which the most forward-thinking brands communicate with young people. We deliver industry-leading content, experiences and activations through offices and facilities in cities between Los Angeles and Tokyo. And a future even brighter.
We are forerunners in competitive mobile gaming, as the first Tier 1 esports team to launch a presence in India. We pioneered the intersection of street culture and esports with merch collaborations, and will continue to lead the industry in relation to quality of pro wear and fan apparel. Our pros and creators will generate more than 100m hours of entertainment content in 2020, showcasing our global partners to an audience of more than 15m fans across our social platforms. In addition, our 'Fnatic Gear' consumer products will continue to level up and amplify the gaming performance of users wherever they are sold.