Account Director - Campaigns
New York, NY /
Job Title: Account Director
You probably already know we are a different kind of influencer marketing company. You may not know that we are a unique team of 70ish people based in the Lower East Side of New York City. It’s made up of humans who love their work, are passionate about what they’re doing, and who aren’t afraid to color outside the lines, or to pave a new path. Not to toot our own horn, but some might say we’re a lot of fun too. We hire people for the way their brains work, for their drive and their charisma, check out our team here: https://www.fohr.co/about-us
We also believe it’s time to reinvent the advertising industry, and the first step is a team that’s dedicated to the cause. We know influencer marketing can be a powerful platform for social change, and our higher goal is to drive equity for all. To do that well, we need a workforce that's representative of the community we serve, a company where everyone is welcome.
We've got big dreams and we can't do it alone.
As an Account Director you hold the key to the client's experience with Fohr and we like to stay memorable. You must be capable of reading the client's personality and appetite for change and act accordingly. This is one of the most demanding jobs in Fohr since it often determines the success or failure of project work. It requires you to think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
You be responsible for building client relationships across a book of business comprised of multiple Brands worth up to $6-7 million dollars. In your role, you will also serve as a lead for a “POD” (defined as a small group of 5-6 junior-midlevel Account Executives) who will work on the overall book of business in supportive roles.
The Account Director will report directly to the Vice President of Client Services. They will work with them as well as the Sales team to continuously build out a pipeline for Organic Growth aimed at contributing to overall company Campaign Revenue targets.
- Cross functional Collab: You are responsible for fostering collaboration with our cross functional teams including product, strategy, campaigns and sales to deliver an excellent client experience to retain and grow business.
- Leading by Example: You understand that you set an example for other’s and are a key pillar in upholding our company values and ensuring those you manage are doing the same.
- You will operate with approachability with your direct report/s and foster a relationship where they feel empowered to share ideas, thoughts and/or concerns
- You will operate with humility, are consistently open to feedback and personal professional growth
- Managing Up: Experiencing in managing up and through escalation
- Ultimately, able to attribute how your efforts have contributed to driving an impact for our client’s business and in a way that it translates to revenue growth for Fohr.
- Ideation of and contribution to departmental initiatives and cross-functional innovation
Account & Team Management:
- Strong team leadership skills and experience managing a decent sized team, including staffing, utilization, career growth, and conflict resolution.
- Champion a vision for a core workstream or mid-sized account based on a solid understanding of our value proposition.
- Nurture relationships with key client contacts and seeking out new ones that are influential to the work we are doing.
- Frame persuasive stories that are able to succinctly convey key points to an array of audiences via written and verbal forms of communication.
- Able to balance the need to serve as an advocate for both our client and internal team simultaneously.
- Becoming a quick study on our client’s business and their goals while also doing the same when it comes to our internal operations.
- Understand the fundamentals on how we run our business (i.e. finance, forecasting, staffing, invoicing, etc.)
- Orchestrate engagements as they move through the lifecycle and across a few different services/capabilities.
- In partnership with the Strategic Sales team, seek to expand our value propositions by selling in new incremental work.
- Lead entire scoping, estimating, and deal closing activates for smaller statements of work and/or change orders.
- 7-8+ years agency or client-side marketing experience, inclusive of Influencer work
- 2+ years experience in managing account resources
- Proven experience navigating through periods of complexity that complicates a typical engagement
- Leads day to day aspects of workstream(s) that drive $6-7M in revenue, experience working with internal teams of 10-30 people and up to 8 key client stakeholders
- Capable of taking on and leading new types of work while supporting the sales cycle for multiple types of work
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Fohr is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
This is a New York City based role, so looking for folks who are residents of New York.