Product & Engineering
Fond is a SaaS platform that seamlessly consolidates employee rewards and recognition processes into one easy-to-use solution. With Fond, employees and managers can recognize each other, redeem rewards, access exclusive corporate discounts, and measure success so HR departments spend less time managing programs and more time driving results. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Sephora, and Visa, plus hundreds of others. Fond is a Y Combinator W12 company and funded by investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
Given its broad appeal, it’s critical that the Fond platform is highly intuitive, low friction and integrated into day-to-day activities. With its mobile app, Fond puts perks and recognition into the palm of your hand! We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to expand our Fond team into Portland! You are self-motivated, well-versed in testing high scale SaaS solutions and care deeply about the customers we serve. You are looking to be part of a team that helps companies increase employee engagement through unique benefits and capabilities.
- Work as part of a collaborative, agile team to deliver high quality industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile.
- Own and extend the test automation suite. Research leading and emerging test automation tools and how they can be leveraged at Fond.
- Partner with engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test strategies that effectively cover the functional, scale and performance characteristics of a feature.
- Design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation harness and scripts
- Develop, automate and execute test cases to ensure feature enhancements are high quality and provide an intuitive customer experience
- Identify and document bugs in usability and functionality; help engineers troubleshoot issues as they are uncovered
- Conduct functional, regression and performance testing
- Verify the application is secure in compliance with OWASP, etc standards
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- 2+ years experience as a QA Engineer, Software Developer or an SDET in a production web application setting (SaaS or on premise), including 1+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Automated testing experience (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber)
- Proficient in an agile setting where code reviews and quality are a priority
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to empathize with end-user needs; build with ease of adoption in mind
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and thorough attention to detail
- Working knowledge of web application security standards
- Prior mobile automation experience using Appium or Calabash
- Experience with WebdriverIO or Nightwatch
- Free and/or open source project work
- Amazon Web Services, containerization, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- Access to a Fond account
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Equipment provided
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Nor will we hold it against you if you prefer House Hunters to House of Cards or Cheez-Its to Goldfish. We welcome all types!