Principal Software Engineer
Fond (formerly AnyPerk) is a perks and rewards platform used by over 500 companies across the U.S. from startups competing for top talent to Fortune 500 companies strengthening their employer brands. Fond helps customers build cultures of appreciation and recognition, knowing that happier employees make for better business. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Adobe, Zappos and hundreds of others. We’re a YC W12 company and funded by renowned investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, and Digital Garage. Some of our partners include Equinox, ZipCar and AMC Theaters. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
At Fond, we guide companies in how to design and build highly social, next generation recognition programs and offer unique and compelling employee perks.
Given its broad appeal, it’s critical that the Fond platform is highly scalable, intuitive, low friction and integrated into day-to-day activities. We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company.
We’re looking for an experienced, product-minded Principal Software Engineer to join the Fond team. You have a track record of delivering high scale SaaS solutions, are passionate about emerging techniques and technologies, care deeply about the user experience, love to mentor others and value being part of a team that helps companies create great places to work.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership and guidance to multiple agile teams to deliver industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile
- Act as a leader and mentor in DevOps-related activities
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value
- Troubleshoot and resolve emergency server or code issues at any stack level
- Promote skills transfer and proactively mentor and guide other engineers in enterprise-class architecture, design and implementation
- Support and contribute to continuous process improvements and best practices (including coding, security, compliance, etc.)
- Represent Fond in customer and partner-facing technical discussions
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining (DevOps) scalable, cost effective and performant enterprise/SaaS software products
- 8-10 years experience in production web application development, including 3+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to contribute to and evangelize engineering best practices; making code reviews and quality a priority
- API design and development with consideration for security, performance, availability, etc.
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge - the go-to person on the team for small and large questions
- Experience with agile development and delivery of customer facing features / highly scalable platforms / distributed systems
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- Free and/or Open Source project work
- Amazon Web Services, containerization, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- HRIS integration experience
- Mobile app development experience; native iOS/Android and/or React Native
- Access to a Fond account
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Lunch & snacks in the office
- Equipment provided
- Team outings and frequent happy hours
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Nor will we hold it against you if you prefer House Hunters to House of Cards or Cheez-Its to Goldfish. We welcome all types!