Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Fond is a SaaS platform that seamlessly consolidates employee rewards and recognition processes into one easy-to-use solution. With Fond, employees and managers can recognize each other, redeem rewards, access exclusive corporate discounts, and measure success so HR departments spend less time managing programs and more time driving results. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join the Fond team. You are self-motivated, well-versed in testing high scale SaaS solutions and care deeply about the customers we serve. We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company. Our team is guided by two important core values:
- Help customers succeed
- Help each other succeed
Fond is headquartered in Portland, but we are currently operating as a fully remote team due to Covid. Our ideal candidate will be in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
Fond’s engineering team aspires to deliver industry-leading elegant, innovative solutions and to help formulate processes that work for us. We utilize microservices that are primarily in Ruby on Rails with a React frontend. We also build native iOS and Android apps.
- Work as part of a collaborative, agile team to deliver high quality industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile
- Help in extending the test automation suite
- Aid in researching leading and emerging test automation tools and how they can be leveraged at Fond.
- Manually test and verify new features and bug fixes as they arise
- Partner with engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test strategies that effectively cover the functional, scale and performance characteristics of a feature
- Develop, automate and execute test cases to ensure feature enhancements are high quality and provide an intuitive customer experience
- Identify and document bugs in usability and functionality; help engineers troubleshoot issues as they are uncovered
- Conduct functional, regression, stress and performance testing
- Verify the application is secure in compliance with OWASP, etc standards
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- 2-5 years experience as a QA Engineer, Software Developer or an SDET in a production web application setting (SaaS or on premise), including 1+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Extensive testing tools experience (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, RSpec, Cypress)
- Automated testing services experience (e.g. CircleCI, TravisCI)
- Proficient in working in an agile setting where code reviews and quality are a priority
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to empathize with end-user needs; build with ease of adoption in mind
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and thorough attention to detail
- Working knowledge of web application security standards
- Prior mobile testing and automation experience using Appium or Calabash
- Free and/or open source project work
Note that you don't need to possess 100% of the qualifications to be considered.
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
The Hiring Process
An overview of what you can expect during the hiring process:
Stage 1: Phone Interview — After you submit your initial application, we’ll review it and reach out to candidates who seem like a good fit to schedule a 45-minute initial phone interview. On this call, we’ll discuss your past experience and learn more about your professional goals.
Stage 2: Video Interviews and Code Challenge — We’ll send you a code challenge to review and get a head start on ahead of the interview. The first video interview will be with two members of our engineering team during which you’ll work on and review the challenge together. Following that, you’ll have two additional video interviews with other members of the engineering team.
Stage 3: Meet Fond’s CEO and Product Team — Your last round of interviews will include a video interview with Fond’s Product / Design team, as well as a final video interview with our CEO. You will have the chance to gain a deeper understanding of Fond’s product, core values, and company roadmap.
Stage 4: Offer — If we believe you’d be a good fit at Fond, we will make you an offer we hope you’ll accept!