Test Automation Engineer
Product Development – QA
As a member of the Engineering team, the mid-level Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring that our software products are of the highest quality possible. This role is situated on the front lines of Fonteva’s testing operations, and serves as an exploratory tester across our many applications and our technology stack. Fonteva has a collaborative development process, so Automation Engineers sit right beside Product, Development, and Support; the incumbent will not be testing in isolation!
- Manually verify User Stories/Requirements against built and packaged code in Test and Staging environments.
- Turn manually executed Test Scenarios into automatically executed Test Scenarios via Selenium.
- Design testing strategies for complex software products; execute said strategies efficiently and diligently.
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC as part of a software engineering team.
- Identify discrepancies and report issues into a bug tracking system (Jira).
- Track Quality Metrics and produce reports as needed.
- Other duties as business needs arise.
- 1+ year of Software Development or Testing Experience
- 1+ year of Scripting Experience
- Experience with front end/web automation
- Experience with Java/Apex
- Experience being a team lead/mentoring junior members
- Creative, critical thinking skills
- A knack for destruction testing (How can this feature/code be broken?)
- Very strong reading comprehension skills with a superior attention to detail
- Confidence in work produced; bugs and issues identified will be scrutinized!
- Understanding of standard business processes, including accounting, required
- Test case development for web applications
- Experience with load/stress testing (Specialized testing)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solutions
Preferred but NOT Required
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience with build management
- Experience with coffeescript/cucumber or some other high level business-testing framework
- Documentation experience
- Experience architecting virtualized/stateless testing mechanisms for web applications
- Experience with pci/sox/hipaa or some other form of compliance