Product Development – Product Engineering
Job location: Arlington, VA.
- Develops and manages current and future company software products
- Responsible for designing, testing, deploying and implementing company products, as well as enhancements, customized software solutions and issue resolution for customers.
- Contributes to the growth and evolution of company products.
- Responsible for: software development, including design, development (programming), testing (integration and regression), documentation, and deployment of high-quality business solutions on the Force.com platform
- Ensure product architecture design and software development meet highest standards of coding excellence on current and future products; act as primary engineer over Fonteva product development, bug fixes, enhancements, delivery and customer support
- Contribute to current and future product development and testing
- Develop Force.com applications using Apex and VisualForce technologies from Salesforce.com
- Develop and integrate application components to meet business requirements; conduct design, coding, and performance tuning of Apex code
- Enhance existing applications and refactor code to improve quality and scalability
- Verify that documentation of Apex code, as well as application use and flow, are accurate and well written
- Design and develop integration between Fonteva Product and external applications as required by customers
- Develop and execute all parts of the test lifecycle of code components, including user tests (UAT and QA), debugging the application, and resolving defects
- Create, execute and document tests necessary to ensure that the application meets all functional and non-functional requirements; manage status of assigned defects and quickly resolve issues
- Support development of automated acceptance tests; conduct peer reviews
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring of junior resources
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to facilitate the growth and evolution of Fonteva software products; attend project team and/or customer meetings as required by business needs
- Clearly and effectively communicate with Fonteva team and with customers regarding status, technical issues, enhancements and creative solutions
- Provide support to the Delivery team during critical project phases; assist with the design of technical solutions and estimate level of effort to implement solutions
- Support Delivery and Customer Success teams with implementation and support activities
- Support packaging and deployment of application components to customers’ Force.com instance
- Participate in internal projects and perform other duties as business needs arise and require, as agreed with Supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field plus 2 years of experience in the job offered or Software Developer or closely related position.
Fonteva provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fonteva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.