Digital Learning Specialist
Product Development – Training and Documentation
The Digital Learning Specialist is responsible for developing and updating training content for Fonteva’s products. This includes, but is not limited to, training videos, quick reference guides, online courseware, job aides, live training participant materials, slide decks, and other materials as needed. He/she will work with the Training Coordinator to design, develop, and evaluate training courses to ensure structure, content, assessments, and metrics are aligned with defined learning outcomes and performance objectives.
The Digital Learning Specialist may also assist with the development of training curriculum, and maintenance of the learning management system (LMS).
He/she will help to set direction and craft training materials for internal and external audiences, most notably our rapidly expanding customer base. And as our product evolves, he/she will play a critical role in ensuring new product features are rolled out to and adopted by customers. This is a visible role, which will interface with all areas of the Fonteva organization.
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure validity, consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in all functional areas of Fonteva products to gain the ability to deliver training and provide knowledge transfer
- Work closely with both the Product and Delivery teams to produce new documentation and training materials for a variety of audiences (end-user, administrator and prospective client)
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Script, edit, and record eLearning videos
- Assist with development of curriculum for new courses
- Assist with Live Training courses when needed
- Assist with review testing of new courses and content to ensure usability in a variety of platforms
- Understand business priorities and proactively look for ways to improve processes to create efficiency and scale
- Monitor adherence to the established training programs to ensure standard work in the training programs
- Interface professionally with stakeholders, business partners, and other internal clients
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly Training and Delivery team meetings
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Training, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field preferred; or commensurate experience in lieu of formal education
- 2+ years of experience working as a Teacher/Trainer/Tutor or equivalent position
- 1+ years of experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS) or equivalent eLearning platform
- Proven excellent communication skills--verbal, written and presentation
- Technical aptitude, ability to quickly learn how to use products, and enthusiasm for technology
- Attention to detail, with excellent proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing scripts, storyboards, and producing training materials; software industry experience strongly preferred
- Some experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or similar programs
- Skilled at developing training interventions, even when initial project requirements may be unclear and existing documentation limited
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, amid varied, competing priorities
- Must have an excellent work ethic, be a strong team player and consistently meet project deadlines.
Fonteva provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fonteva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.