Build & Release Engineer (DevOps | Salesforce | Jenkins)
Product Development – QA
The Build and Release Engineer will work hands-on and take ownership of our build and package management processes. You will own, craft, and maintain the automated processes that turn Product Engineer-developed code/commits into Salesforce App Store Deliverables. You will have the autonomy to transform our organization from mostly manual processes to a modern, robust automated practice.
You also will build world-class Dashboards to show off the spectacularness of what you have crafted to the company. You will embody principles of constant change, as DevOps is an ever-evolving discipline.
As the #1 AMS provider on Salesforce, the incumbent will have the opportunity to join a well-respected and award winning team. We are currently the #1 Salesforce ISV in North America and have been ranked as the 24th fastest growing company in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal for 2017.
- Design, configure and implement CI/CD workflows for a leading Salesforce Product.
- Lead the transition to a continuous integration model; build CI pipeline from pull, to build and test.
- Collaborate with an in-house QA team of test engineers to integrate automated and parallelized testing into the automated deployment process/pipeline.
- Develop scripts, small stateless services & applications that automate daily tasks; reporting/dashboarding/software tools development experience is a plus.
- Architect, develop and implement systems that monitor environment and application health; specifically Salesforce Application health monitoring experience is a plus.
- Collaborate with other engineers in troubleshooting various environments, including both in-house and external client environments.
- Automate Salesforce Organization creation for both in-house and external customers.
- Collaborate with embedded Product Engineers, QA Engineers, and business stakeholders as part of an AGILE software development organization.
- Possess a, “Get Stuff Done” mentality. The incumbent must be able to develop high-quality solutions to non-scheduled challenges in an impromptu fashion quickly, confidently and reliably.
- 4+ Years of experience in test/build automation, preferably in virtualized environments.
- 2+ years of experience with hosted infrastructure as a service (AWS, Azure, or similar); AWS experience (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch) is a plus. Technologies such as ansible, terraform, or similar is a plus.
- 1+ Years of experience engineering stateless services/applications in virtualized environments.
- 1+ Years of experience implementing/using continuous Integration or package management tools such as or similar to: Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Capistrano, Travis-CI, Circle-CI, Spinnaker, etc.
- Knowledge of Code Repositories and Source Control automation strategies is required; experience with Git/Github, SVN/Subversion, or Perforce is a plus.
- Experience with shell scripting (you will be asked scripting questions as part of the interview process).
- Experience with developing/scripting in Java, Python, Ruby, LUA, Golang, or similar is a plus. Apex development is a huge plus.
- Experience with Salesforce environments; Lightning experience is a huge plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar.
Fonteva provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fonteva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.