VP of Development (Engineering)
The Vice President of Product Development is responsible for the technical strategy and development of Fonteva’s products as well as the management of the engineering team to ensure excellence as we grow, support ambitious product development goals and set up the organization for long term success.
- In conjunction with the CEO, align technology to business strategy, and proactively drive a technical direction throughout the organization; drive product evolution across our institutional timelines.
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders, to lead the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the software specifications into working product outcomes
- Establish and commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a proven track record for timely, cost-effective and quality deliverables
- Attract and retain top tier talent, and build a technical organization that can scale at speed
- Coach, mentor and support the engineering team to perform at a consistently high level, developing efficient processes and tools to allow them to do so.
- Develop a tight partnership with the CEO and wider leadership team to translate product requirements, business priorities and technical context into sound architectural decisions and technical solutions
- Promote the engineering organization and wider company to an external audience.
- Proactively devise new ways to achieve the company’s strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent; minimum of 15 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Track record of managing developer teams in a fast-paced, growing software product firm
- Strong leadership and experience sourcing, overseeing, and managing vendors
- Expert in Agile development methodologies and processes
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment with multiple assigned products and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to relate technical issues to non-technical leadership and staff.
- A strategic thinker with ability to dive into the code as required
- An effective translator from business priorities to technical requirements, and vice versa
- Naturally product-minded with strong technical and architectural abilities
- Proven ability to build and manage high performing engineering teams
- Detailed, organized and results-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel and spend time onsite with strategic customers
- Experience with Salesforce product development a plus.