Technical Writer (Software Engineering)
Product Development – Product Management
Fonteva (fonteva.com) is a dynamic, fast-growing software development company headquartered in Arlington, VA (Ballston Metro). We are the number one cloud computing software company offering solutions for non-profits, associations, charitable organizations, and professional societies—to manage members, fundraising, outreach efforts, events, eCommerce, accounting, chapters and communities.
- Research product features, functionality and changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation
- Write clear, concise documentation for a variety of audiences (end-user, administrator and developer), including new documentation based on feature-requirement specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product
- Revise documentation to incorporate product updates and enhancements requested by customers and internal users
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics
- Attend and actively contribute to weekly writing and product team meetings
- Manage, build, and maintain online help systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in training/curriculum design, software engineering or related field
- Two or more years of experience creating online training content using a third party tool
- Two or more years of professional training experience, preferably with LMS and technical systems training, within a software organization; Cloud computing and Salesforce a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in writing documentation and communications targeted for end-users
- Accounting/finance understanding a plus
- Technical aptitude, ability to quickly learn how to use products, and enthusiasm for technology
- Experience learning, using, and writing about CRM, e-Commerce or accounting applications
- Working knowledge of software programs, Web applications, and hosted applications, including the Windows operating system, Microsoft Office software, eLearning, desktop publishing, graphics and screen capture programs
- Experience with authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, or Camtasia
- Attention to detail, with excellent proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional and remote teams, and across product development lifecycles
- Good organization and time management skills; able to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities; and a self-starter/able to take initiative.