Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Remote (US) /
Who Is Foodsmart?
At Foodsmart, we’re knee-deep in changing the food and nutrition landscape and we’re leveraging technology and our team of bright minds with big hearts to make it happen. We believe that eating well should be within reach for all, not some. That food should be accessible and affordable and the foundation of good health. And that we have a role to pay in addressing the nutrition insecurity that plagues too many, and that has a direct impact on our health and susceptibility to illness.
We know the Foodsmart approach works, and we know it matters because we have the clinical outcomes published in major journals, serve >20% of the Fortune 500 and 4 out of 5 major health plans, and have the community engagement to back it up. And because we’re all Foodsmart customers.
We are working parents. We are doctors. We are patients. We have busy lives, tight budgets and need to feed picky eaters. We have lived in households that used SNAP and clipped coupons. So we built a platform that truly changes health outcomes and improves lives.
Our registered dietitians work with individuals to offer personalized nutrition guidance and connect them to the Foodsmart digital platform available on mobile and web, to create sustainable behavior change and deliver real results. Our integrated healthy food marketplace, including partners such as Walmart, Instacart, Grubhub, and others, allow individuals to go from meal planning to grocery delivery in minutes — saving them time and money.
We are a Series C startup based in San Francisco but support a remote working model. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
The Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager is responsible for maximizing patient LTV. Once a patient indicates they are interested in Foodsmart, the Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager will own all the touch points with the patient, including ensuring the new patient is excited about their Foodsmart dietitian appointment, show up to the appointment, and see the value in continuing the program to pursue follow up visits with their dietitian.
You will create the strategic direction of direct marketing channels such as email, SMS, push, outbound calling as well as digital media channels especially in the form of remarketing across social and programmatic media. You will be able to automate most of these actions through putting the right tech stack in place working with our engineering team to bring them to life. You’ll build some of the content yourself, but will also work with our internal marketing agency to get the content and design assets you need. You will regularly A/B test and measure performance to make sure you’re optimizing conversion rates.
You are someone who strives to push the limits of what is possible and aims to make marketing helpful and purposeful. You crave creating the best user experience and providing value to consumers by merging quantitative information with a creative flair. You are analytical in nature and support theories with tangible results. You are able to adapt to the ever-changing marketing ecosystem and understand the role marketing plays in the buyer journey. You are detail-oriented and self-motivated to move the needle. You take pride and ownership in your work and support team members to be successful. You get excited about the intersection of technology and marketing.
- Maximize the number of repeat telehealth visits with a dietitian by helping patients see value based on their specific goals
- Maximize how many individuals show up to their dietitian visit via appropriate marketing content provided through the right mediums at the right time
- Regularly A/B test communications and leverage learnings to optimize conversions
- Setup retargeting ads to maximize re-engagement
- Work with engineering to identify and implement the appropriate tech stack
- Develop integrated marketing and communications approaches to advance business goals.
- Collaborates actively across internal and external marketing teams to strategize and conceptualize solutions that integrate outreach activity, creative concepts, new content and message placement
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure that marketing and communications plans and campaigns are implemented efficiently, effectively and learnings are disseminated across teams
- Partner with the entire marketing team, as needed, and coaches and mentors’ staff to assist with professional development.
- Provide input into capital and/or operational budgets. Ensures budgets assigned for marketing and communications plans and campaigns are met.
- Manage increasingly complex campaigns and projects to completion.
- Project manage campaign development, feedback, trafficking, optimization and ensures timelines are met.
- Provide support to departments to develop brand strategy, competitive intelligence, category trends, marketing strategy, campaign development, reporting and analytics and marketing technology.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of marketing experience
- B2B2C and/or DTC marketing experience
- Healthcare marketing experience
- Robust expertise in the following channels: email, push, SMS & digital media
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing content required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to provide context and/or reshape material as needed in a fast-paced, high-demand environment required
- Advanced knowledge of marketing automation tools
- Advanced knowledge of usage and implementation of enterprise martech systems including: CRM & CDP
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and HIPAA consent authorization
- Demonstrated history of optimizing campaigns to KPIs such as ROAS, CPA, CPC, CTR, etc.
- Deep understanding of consumer advertising and aggressive conversion cost optimization
- Background in creating marketing segments and customizing content appropriately
- Knowledge of Google Data Studio for building/designing reports and manipulation of real-time data
- Expert in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Use of AI/predictive modeling to optimize marketing medium and content delivery
- Understanding of attribution models (last touch, time decay, etc.) and targeting models (prospecting, remarketing, customer match, etc.)
Foodsmart is a mission-driven organization that creates fulfillment at the end of each day, knowing you are working towards helping people live healthier lives through nutrition. As a fast growing startup, there are significant opportunities for growth early on in your tenure. Besides competitive compensation, we offer many unique benefits, including unlimited PTO, flexible working hours, flexible working location, paid health insurance, and monthly gym subsidies.
Foodsmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our firm policy to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.