Registered Dietitian (Licensed in Wisconsin)
Remote (US) /
Please note: Active licensure/certification in Wisconsin is a requirement for this position.
Who Is Foodsmart?
At Foodsmart, we’re knee-deep in changing the food and nutrition landscape and we’re leveraging technology and our team of bright minds with big hearts to make it happen. We believe that eating well should be within reach for all, not some. That food should be accessible and affordable and the foundation of good health. And that we have a role to play in addressing the nutrition insecurity that plagues too many, and that has a direct impact on our health and susceptibility to illness.
We know the Foodsmart approach works, and we know it matters because we have the clinical outcomes published in major journals, serve >20% of the Fortune 500 and 4 out of 5 major health plans, and have the community engagement to back it up. And because we’re all Foodsmart customers.
We are working parents. We are doctors. We are patients. We have busy lives, tight budgets and need to feed picky eaters. We have lived in households that used SNAP and clipped coupons. So we built a platform that truly changes health outcomes and improves lives.
Our registered dietitians work with individuals to offer personalized nutrition guidance and connect them to the Foodsmart digital platform available on mobile and web, to create sustainable behavior change and deliver real results. Our integrated healthy food marketplace, including partners such as Walmart, Instacart, Grubhub, and others, allow individuals to go from meal planning to grocery delivery in minutes — saving them time and money.
We are a Series C startup based in San Francisco but support a remote working model. Are you ready to join our team and help solve one of the biggest problems facing the world today?
Learn more at www.foodsmart.com
Foodsmart is seeking Registered Dietitians (RDs) to support the comprehensive nutrition care mission of Foodsmart Nutrition Network, which is grounded in evidence-based clinical nutritional standards including use of a whole food plant based (WFPB) diet. Our Foodsmart RDs leverage Foodsmart's digital platform to provide a broad range of nutrition and health-related consultations, educational sessions, and training to Foodsmart's clients, partners, and users.
In this role, you will work with members from various health plans, including Medicaid populations. Foodsmart creates lasting and sustainable change in Medicaid communities by tackling the root causes of food and nutrition insecurity. We provide members with personalized guidance, access to affordable healthy food options, and access to SNAP benefits if they qualify. In turn, we see improved food and nutrition security, more health equity, and better engagement and enrollment.
What Does Success Looks Like In This Role?
- You are completing at least 6 follow-up visits with your patients
- You are receiving an NPS of 80% and above
- You find value in developing lasting relationships with your patients to support them towards sustainable behavior change and improved health outcomes
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via remote sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Assist patients in getting the most utility out of Foodsmart's digital platform
- Manage a panel of clients/patients with a variety of chronic health conditions and backgrounds
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant video calls and electronic messaging
- Active credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (Wisconsin)
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in providing nutritional counseling
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- Multilingual (native level) language capabilities
- Multiple active state licenses or certifications
- Experience delivering services via a telehealth platform
- This role pays $40/hour, and you are compensated for time spent with the patient, charting, and completing required trainings with us.
Foodsmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our firm policy to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.