Senior Java Developer
Support Centre, Mt Roskill, Auckland
Information Technology – Digital Transformation
Permanent Full Time
About the role
Foodies is on an awesome journey to become a truly customer insights-driven and efficient Co-op, and one that is digitally enabled. We want to be a digital business that continuously exploits digital technologies, blurs digital and physical worlds – creating new sources of value for customers and increasing operational agility and simplicity
Releasing software in-time that meets highest quality standards, is easy to deploy, low on memory, starts fast, scales well and almost never breaks you’ll;
· Design, implement and improve our highly-scalable, Java 8 and Java 11 based micro-services in an AWS, Kubernetes cloud centric environment
· Write business code that drives our Online customer experience as well as the optimal execution of our most critical Enterprise business processes
· Engage with other developers to level up on our engineering and DevOps practice up to selecting the best tools in class
A senior operator, you’ll be passionate about tech, opinionated about software and a fantastic team player who thrives in agile, collaborative environments.
With several successful years in Java (8 or later, ideally in Spring Boot, Maven or REST environments), you’ll know how to deal with Hibernate, Ebean and Spring Data. A technical role – here’s what else you’ll need:
· Have Up-to-date knowledge in PostgreSQL with a good amount of exposure to other SQL DBs as well as some NoSQL
· Have expert level experience in messaging and integration patterns, ActiveMQ, JMS
· To know how to master AWS cloud technologies like S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda and tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Ansible
· To be versed with Git, Bamboo, Maven, Bitbucket, Confluence
· Development on a Mac with IntelliJ or alternative IDEs and using the k8s CLI is a no-brainer to you
Driving significant parts of our business, you’ll build awesome user experiences in our digital channels across the digital customer journey.
We’re a team of 22,000 New Zealanders in a growing network of 300+ stores (PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Gilmours & Fresh Collective). We serve over 1.3 million customers every week in the most awesome little country in the world!