Forethought is a Silicon Valley software company that recently launched and won TechCrunch Disrupt - the world's most prestigious startup competition, having been voted Top Startup of 2018 by the judges. Forethought is funded by some of the top VC's and Angel Investors in Silicon Valley. (Hint: We're backed by some of the same investors as Twilio, Lyft, and Front)
Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, our mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job". We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed "information retrieval" into daily workflows.
We're seeking a Sales Engineer who can represent the company and it's technology vision in a highly competitive space where we are seeking to reshape how people should be using technology to get their job done.
As a Sales Engineer at Forethought your mission is:
• You will assist in presenting our technology and our vision to prospective executives, managers, and users at companies during the sales cycle
• Work directly with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Forethought technology solutions. This should occur during the sales cycle, from demo, to pilot, to design and implementation.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape of competing and complementary technologies, their vendors. You will be expected to be a contributor to the associated sales collateral on this topic.
• You will be expected to collaborate with Product Management, the engineering and marketing teams with the goal of continuously improve our portfolio of products and the associated sales and marketing.
Our ideal Sales Engineer will have:
• 3+ years of experience working directly with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical roles.
• Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos. You will be expected to contribute to the process of continually refining the sales process.
• Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools.
• Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing.
• Experience working with API's and designing API interfaces. REST, SOAP API's
• Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with AWS and the Linux stack
• Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
• Understanding of security and compliance conventions within an organization - ISO and SOC preferred. FedRAMP a plus
• University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
• Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (Hadoop, HBase, Mongo).
• Familiarity and experience with common help desk platforms (Zendesk, Front, Salesforce, Freshworks).
• Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools.
• Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline.
• Experience selling enterprise SaaS software.
• Proven success at enterprise software startups.
• Understanding the problem/solution set around Enterprise search