Forethought is a Silicon Valley software company that recently launched and won TechCrunch Disrupt - the world's most prestigious startup competition, having been voted Top Startup of 2018 by the judges. Forethought is funded by some of the top VC's and Angel Investors in Silicon Valley. (Hint: We're backed by some of the same investors as Twilio, Lyft, and Front)
Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, our mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job". We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed "information retrieval" into daily workflows.
We are hiring a data scientist who will help us carry out any machine learning experiments that we want to try out, will think about analytics and metrics on a deeper level, will help us make product decisions more rooted in data analysis, and will help make compelling sales pitches.
Tasks we want done by the role in the first three months:
- Generate datasets for machine learning in unbiased ways (at the direction of machine learning engineers).
- Come up with targeted metrics to accurately measure the impact of various parts of our product, and better understand and model user behavior, product interactions etc.
- Set up unbiased experiments when needed in order to measure some of these metrics.
- Build analytics dashboards and reports (overall metrics and per deployment).
- Perform exploratory analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap.
- Help sales team with presenting a compelling pitch rooted in data analysis.
Traits we are looking for in the person:
- Experience with quantitative analysis
- Experience with distributed computing (mapreduce, spark)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Understanding of algorithms, runtime and space complexity, caching
- Understanding of statistics
- Understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with engineering, product and sales teams
- Focus on product and end users
- BS in math or equivalent degree or experience.