Forethought is a Silicon Valley software company that recently launched and won TechCrunch Disrupt - the world's most prestigious startup competition, having been voted Top Startup of 2018 by the judges. Forethought is funded by some of the top VC's and Angel Investors in Silicon Valley. (Hint: We're backed by some of the same investors as Twilio, Lyft, and Front)
Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, our mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job". We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed "information retrieval" into daily workflows.
We're seeking a founding Product Designer to define Forethought's product and user experiences. You will shape the product direction, become deeply familiar with end-user workflows, develop design systems, and build out a world-class design culture. You will design products ranging from beautiful "Google-esque" search experiences for knowledge workers, to analytics and data visualizations, to conversational UX products.
What we value and look for in a Product Designer:
- Excellent portfolio designing digital products, ideally SaaS/B2B
- Sketching/wireframes to high-fidelity mockups in Sketch/Figma
- Affinity for user empathy, user research and user-centric design
- Communicates simple + elegant solutions to complex problems
- Self-starter who works through ambiguity
- Degree in Design, 3+ years in Product Design role, or relevant experience
What a week may look like at Forethought:
- Actively work to define high-level product strategy
- Design simple and delightful experiences to complex problems
- Generate pixel-perfect, high-fidelity mockups in Sketch/Figma
- User research to develop customer empathy that informs design
- Help develop company-wide design culture and design systems
- Iterate on multiple designs with rapid feedback loops
What you get:
- Designer #1 at one of the "hottest companies in Silicon Valley"
- Ownership to define and design every aspect of the product
- Founding role in a world-class, user-centric design culture
- Generous equity as the founding member of the Design team
- A team that built products at Dropbox, FB, Palantir, and LinkedIn
- A team where Design, Engineering, and Product work as equals
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, with an unlimited PTO policy
PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO A PORTFOLIO IN YOUR NOTE OR PROFILE.
FORETHOUGHT IN THE PRESS:
- "Forethought looks to reshape enterprise search with AI" (TechCrunch)
- "30 Under 30 in Enterprise Tech" (Forbes)