Senior Director of Sales, Forge Company Solutions
San Francisco Bay Area / New York /
Forge Company Solutions – Forge Company Solutions /
At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Forge Global is building the operating system for the private market innovation economy. We have raised over $250 million in venture capital to date, and facilitated more than $10 billion in private market transactions across over 400 of the world’s most famous unicorn companies. With companies staying private longer and longer, we offer employees and founders financial freedom, which also helps companies retain a happy team when an IPO may be an unknown number of years away. Whether through unlocking their ability to exercise stock options, enabling them to leverage their hard-earned equity, or diversifying their portfolio to secure a strong financial future for themselves and their families, Forge is building innovative liquidity solutions for everyone involved in private companies today.
Needless to say, our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
Reporting to the Head of Company Solutions, the Senior Director of Sales role is in charge of signing up new private market companies for the FCS solution to meet targeted revenue objectives and for managing these customer relationships on an ongoing basis. In this ground floor opportunity, you will work directly with issuers (private companies) to understand their needs and objectives and then recommend tailored liquidity programs which leverage our FCS technology. Delivery of liquidity programs will entail working closely with our operations and legal teams as well as other key stakeholders. This role will include an opportunity to recruit and develop a team of account executives.
- Regularly prospect to private company executives (founders, CEOs, CFOs, GC’s, CHROs, etc) to learn about their liquidity needs, evangelize Forge Company Solutions and educate on the benefits of company liquidity programs leveraging our technology.
- Build relationships with these executives so that we can help provide liquidity when the time is right.
- Demo our tender software and present tailored solutions to each companies’ unique requirements and objectives.
- Once aligned, work with operations, legal, and other stakeholders to manage a tight liquidity process, and display consummate professionalism.
- Engage with partners, in collaboration with our business development team, to source new business opportunities and extend the FCS offering.
- Regularly engage and meet with customers to add value -- provide updates on our technology and insight into company liquidity programs best practices.
- Work closely with Marketing to educate private company executives, as well as grow inbound and outbound lead flow.
- Share prospect and customer feedback with Engineering / Product to ensure the right features/capabilities are developed to provide the optimal experience for private company customers.
- Regularly vet processes to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, potential risks, and identify / implement solutions.
- Get creative and clever -- whether in getting in front of the right people, tailoring opportunities for clients, or brainstorming a path forward on a potential deal.
- Own your outcomes – play a key role in bringing relationships from deal match to confirmation and close.
- 10+ years of overall sales experience with 3-4 years leading a team.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding quota or revenue targets.
- In-depth knowledge of the mechanics of private-market finance.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Relentless commitment to client service.
- Self-driven and entrepreneurial mindset
- Motivation and drive to build relationships, close transactions, and generate revenue growth.
- Team player possessing strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, and presentation skills to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to client engagement and sales processes.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.