Capital Markets, Director
San Francisco, CA /
Business Development – Capital Markets /
At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. We believe in the power and value of design in the creation of leading customer experiences. This role exists at the intersection of those two beliefs, and presents a unique opportunity for a Design leader to establish a world class practice within a fast-growing, growth stage technology environment.
As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Forge is the company powering the leading platform for the private market economy, and we’ve raised over $85M to help folks at companies like Palantir, SpaceX and Robinhood get liquidity for their hard-earned equity to buy a house, pay medical bills or send their kids to college. With companies staying private longer and longer, we offer employees and founders financial freedom, which also helps companies retain a happy team when an IPO may be an unknown number of years away.
Needless to say, our ability to offer this freedom has generated incredible demand, and as such our team is growing to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
The Director role is in charge of owning client relationships and delivering on transaction outcomes. As such, intimate knowledge of client relationships in capital markets is an absolute must-have, and familiarity with deal execution is a major plus (particularly with longer duration transactions such as the private placements space in which we operate).
We are expecting 5-10 years of prior experience for this role; more senior experience welcome.
- Monetize current relationships
- Outreach and development of new relationships with asset managers, wealth management platforms, angel investors and other clients on the buy side
- Build relationships with sellers ranging from individuals (founders, executives) to venture capital/private equity firms and their limited partners, on an ongoing basis, to strengthen Forge's mindshare, and provide liquidity when the time is right
- Leverage relationships to expand Forge's access into the right networks -- be it Silicon Valley communities, HNW individuals, angel groups, or family offices
- Cater to and grow inbound and outbound relationships and inquiries; work with growth engineering team to automate, sync and scale client engagement
- Get creative and clever -- whether in getting in front of the right people, tailoring opportunities for clients, or brainstorming a path forward on a potential deal
- Regularly engage and meet with client base to demonstrate expertise and add value -- provide insight into the market, deal flow information, structural elements of the market, transaction process
Responsibilities: Sales and Deal Process
- Align transaction demand and supply across rounds and time to manage price and volume alignment
- Once aligned, work with operations, legal, and other stakeholders to manage a tight process, and display consummate professionalism
- Own your outcomes -- play a key role in bringing relationships from deal match to confirmation and close
- Collaborate with distribution channels and partners to manage market activity, grow deal flow, and source demand and supply when needed, in addition to inbound interest from our clients
- Maintain a cool head in uncertain deal scenarios, and think a few steps ahead to make sure that issues and risks are identified early and averted
- Ability to multi-task and adaptable to changing and dynamic situations
- Understanding of institutional equity research and sales
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organization skills; candidates must be very detail oriented
- Independent thinker and self-starter with the motivation to learn about and excel in a growing industry
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
Desired skills and experience:
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in an area such as finance, economics or business
- Series 7 certified
- Relentless commitment to client service above all else
- Thorough, with a very high attention to detail
- Motivation and drive to build relationships, close transactions, and generate growth -- overall, take the utmost pride in your work
- Organized and systematic with communication
- Meticulous attention to client engagement and deal process
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting while working
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco, CA office post COVID restrictions
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.