Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Forge Global is building the operating system for the private market innovation economy. We have raised over $250 million in venture capital to date, and facilitated more than $9 billion in private market transactions across over 370 of the world’s most famous unicorn companies. With companies staying private longer and longer, we offer employees and founders financial freedom, which also helps companies retain a happy team when an IPO may be an unknown number of years away.
Needless to say, our ability to offer this freedom has generated incredible demand, and as such our team is undergoing huge growth to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
The Forge DevOps Engineering team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the systems and infrastructure that enables effortless deployment and reliable, secure operation of our applications and services, including the CI/CD pipeline and critical integrations with third-party services.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that Forge can deliver our applications to our customers in the most reliable, efficient manner possible, through best-in-industry automation and processes. You will work closely with the engineering teams to share your passion for a DevOps culture. Additionally, you will be responsible for engineering, maintaining, and managing the enterprise CI/CD pipeline and release process with fast feedback loops. You are passionate about providing high quality operational support while continuously improving quality and accelerating our ability to quickly build and deploy capabilities.
- Work with the development teams to plan, automate and maintain sustainable infrastructure and deployment of products that fuel the innovation economy
- Provide production support in response to escalations from internal or external customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation of production support in a virtual 24/7 process
- Manage all aspects of an automated build and release process and tooling, including deployment pipelines and source code management
- Provide architecture, design and implementation guidance throughout all phases of the SDLC, including gathering and documenting requirements, delivering infrastructure and automation capabilities, and maintaining reliable operations.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks that remove obstacles to releases and identify opportunities to deliver reliable zero downtime deployments
- Partner with software engineering teams to analyze options and collaboratively deliver solutions
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong customer service mindset
- Experience with one or more build and CI/CD tools
- Experience with one or more Configuration Management and Orchestration Tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with log analysis tools such as Splunk, Datadog, Honeycomb or ELK stack
- Experience in analyzing & debugging distributed systems
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge and understanding of testing build & deploy processes, and release management
- Scala and/or Ruby experience a big plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or Heroku a plus
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.