Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
At Forge, we know our team is our greatest asset. As innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
Forge is the company powering the leading platform for the private market economy, and we’ve raised over $85M to help folks at companies like Palantir, SpaceX and AirBnB get liquidity for their hard-earned equity to buy a house, pay medical bills or send their kids to college. With companies staying private longer and longer, we offer employees and founders financial freedom to improve their lives, which also helps companies retain a happy team when an IPO may be years away.
Needless to say, our ability to offer this freedom has generated incredible demand, and we need to continue the growth of our awesome team so we can help even more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
Forge’s software engineering team is passionate about innovation and building scalable solutions that drive liquidity and growth in the private market. Our teams are leveraging a broad range of new technologies and are well-versed in delivering high quality, innovative solutions. We thrive on moving fast, delivering value, and living our values of being bold, humble and accountable.
We are seeking passionate engineers with at least 5 years of experience delivering innovative software solutions that are scalable, secure, and easy to maintain. The ideal candidate thrives in team settings and is motivated by creating success all around them through strong communication, shipping great product experiences, and making data-driven decisions.
We are a full stack shop and our primary web applications are React + Ruby on Rails. All future development will be in Ruby on Rails.
- Design, implement, and maintain data-driven web applications.
- Mentor members of the development team on internal and external frameworks, software development best practices, and new technologies.
- Gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and proposed new requirements.
- Collaborate with Forge’s product, design, information security and business team members to quickly grasp domain knowledge.
- Design, build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Develop concise, articulate and detailed documentation
- Present engineering proposals, concepts, wins and outcomes to a variety of audiences including internal engineering groups, cross-functional teams and other organizations within Forge.
- Support healthy system operations and ensure high levels of availability are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing multi-tier web applications using modern techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and help drive innovation.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting while working
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco, CA office post COVID restrictions
- Fintech or Financial services industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of Functional Programming
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Proven track-record of teamwork and delivery
- Experience at high-growth, venture-backed startups
- Working knowledge of the private market
- Working knowledge of financial regulators and their concerns
- Experience with Event-Driven architectures a big plus
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.