Content Marketing Manager
We are living in some of the most exciting times for creative entrepreneurs. Photographers are more empowered than ever before to capture the world around us - to share it and ultimately, to sell it. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive platform that gives photographers access to the tools they need so that making a name for themself - and making a living - is easier than ever before.
Meet Format, where photographers get serious.
Created specifically for photographers, tens of thousands of members worldwide use Format to showcase their work and grow their careers. Our product suite includes a website portfolio builder, an online store, client management tools and more. With 45+ team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio, we’ve come a long way since our inception in 2010, but have really only just begun. And did we mention we are 100% bootstrapped?
What you’ll be working on at Format:
- Overseeing the Content Strategy to drive traffic and attract qualified leads
- Leading the development and production of all marketing content (including copy, images and videos)
- Working with the Director of Product and Brand Marketing to ensure content is on brand and aligned with the strategic marketing plan
- Building and managing a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience (including social content, blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Managing Format’s Online Magazine, developing and implementing its editorial calendar, content, and email newsletter
- Collaborating with the SEO Specialist and a team of freelance writers to develop and produce content to support the SEO strategy
- Writing copy to support new product features and customer announcements across multiple channels, from in-app messages to emails to website pages, aligning with the Product Marketer on messaging and positioning
- Serving as editor-in-chief, providing copy support and ensuring quality, clarity and consistency for all Marketing efforts across Growth, Brand, Product Marketing, Paid Advertising and our Website
- Developing and maintaining copywriting guidelines to ensure brand consistency, quality, and relevance, acting as a stakeholder in all copy decisions
- Hiring and managing all writers/freelancers to produce high quality, on-brand content, editing where required
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 4+ years of experience in content marketing or marketing management with exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience in building and executing a content marketing strategy that addressed business goals, drove measurable traffic, and delivered on desired results
- Proven work experience as a Content Manager, preferably in the creative industry
- Understanding of content marketing, digital advertising, and web traffic metrics, with a strong understanding of SEO - knowing what makes great content for both users and search engines is essential
- Experience ideating and producing social media content to deliver targeted KPIs
- Good command of how to use data and insights to create better content and ability to succinctly explain what the “marketing funnel” is and how it works
- Understanding of data protection and handling of sensitive information
- You are inventive, resourceful, and can turn your ideas into implementations quickly (we move fast, but we are smart about it)
- Setting and understanding KPIs related to content performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field or equivalent experience
We are a company built on the values we believe in—impact, trust, care, and simplicity. We move fast, solve important problems and continuously aim to do, and be, better. At Format, the work of every team member matters—whether it’s for our members, company, team, or culture—we all strive to make an impact with ideas that are better, smarter, and more innovative.
As a small, but mighty, 40+ person team distributed globally, we are fiercely passionate about our mission. Our team members make important decisions every day that have direct and tangible impacts on our business. We also care deeply about fostering a company that our team is extremely proud to work for—creating many culture building and social opportunities and providing competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and great perks and benefits.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the right place for you, then get in touch! We can’t wait to meet you.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age. We are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.