Director, People Operations
Somerville, MA /
General & Admin – People /
Form Energy is a small team of passionate people committed to helping the world transition to a 100% renewable energy electric grid with new technology. We are developing a new class of ultra low cost, long duration energy storage systems which will make renewable energy fully dispatchable year-round and scalable worldwide. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category leading investors including ENI Next, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine and Prelude Ventures. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough problems that can only be solved with a combination of technical innovation, hard work, and joy. We are looking for diverse, world-class talent to help us change the way the world uses energy.
As the first dedicated leader of our People team, Form Energy’s Director of People Operations will lead the charge in developing a people strategy that focuses on an employee-oriented, high-performance culture. In this role, you will partner closely with the COO as well as other members of the leadership team to set the vision for Form Energy’ s people strategy and lead day-to-day people operations in areas including compensation & benefits, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, workforce and succession planning, compliance, diversity & inclusion and culture initiatives. This role will maintain a strategic and high-level perspective of the company but also be hands-on operationally. We are looking for a builder who is passionate about operational excellence and who will ensure that our employees are engaged, valued, and enabled to do their best work.
What You'll Do:
- Build a data-driven People organization and define and drive strategic goals in all aspects of the People operations function.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the senior leadership team; develop strong, collaborative working relationships across the organization while serving as an employee advocate.
- Lead the design, implementation, and integration of new people processes & tools as well as assess and improve current policies & programs.
- Manage our total rewards plan and overall compensation philosophy including competitive benefits strategy & offerings.
- Manage and develop performance management & professional development programs such as management training.
- Ensure People Operations audit and control processes are developed and followed in compliance with Federal and State laws as well as internal guidelines in multiple states.
- Coordinate closely with the recruiting team to ensure objectives are met in a way that is consistent with company processes, priorities, and goals.
- Enable the company to attract and retain world-class talent by continuing to build on Form’s diverse and inclusive culture and high employee engagement.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience designing, building, and driving high-impact and scalable people programs and initiatives for diverse organizations, ideally a startup or growth stage from scratch.
- Deep passion for people and culture, and a strong instinct for growing and developing talent. You are empathetic while driving effective performance across the organization.
- Proven track record of building and improving operational processes and procedures, including demonstrable experience selecting and implementing new HR systems from scratch and for scale.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law, compensation best practices, organizational planning & development, and employee relations.
- Integrity & confidence to comfortably address sensitive HR and business issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively & build relationships at all levels of the organization. You know how to build trust & rapport.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.