Analyst, FP&A and Business Operations
Somerville, MA /
General & Admin – Finance /
Form Energy is a small team of passionate people committed to helping the world transition to a 100% renewable energy electric grid with new technology. We are developing a new class of ultra low cost, long duration energy storage systems which will make renewable energy fully dispatchable year-round and scalable worldwide. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category leading investors including ENI Next, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine and Prelude Ventures. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough problems that can only be solved with a combination of technical innovation, hard work, and joy. We are looking for diverse, world-class talent to help us change the way the world uses energy.
We are looking for an Analyst/Associate to complement the corporate FP&A and Business Operations functions, managing global revenue and departmental operating expense forecasting and business reporting for company leadership. The right individual for this role is an established strategic financial professional with a passion towards operational excellence, great attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will report to the VP of Finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct FP&A activities in creation of long-range plans, budgets, and monthly financial forecasts
- Set a vision for key business metrics and systems support that ensures we can track, measure and optimize our business, at scale
- Perform complex financial modeling and analysis
- Translate and interpret our financial results into operational recommendations to improve and accelerate the business
- Lead documentation and workflows for best in class financial and business planning processes
- Build business relationships across the organization to drive cost savings and efficiency improvement
- Participate in ad hoc strategic analysis, research and modeling for company leadership team
- Prepare Board presentations
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial planning and analysis
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA is preferred
- High proficiency in Excel - building financial and decision support models
- Self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Excellent planning and organization skills, including ability to direct and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Sound interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence and deliver results across functional, business, and geographical boundaries
- Enjoy the fast paced, results driven environment of a startup
- Data-driven decision maker
- Independently drives projects to completionHigh attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills a must!
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Flexible working style: Can “wear many hats” and jump quickly between projects
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary project teams and deliver results
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.