Electrochemical Engineer II
Somerville, MA /
Research & Development – Strategic Development /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an individual with hands-on experience in electrochemical problem solving to join our Form Futures team, a small group tasked with developing early-stage technologies to advance Form Energy’s product and technology roadmaps. In this role, the Electrochemical Engineer will collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers to develop and refine critical electrochemical processes in the pursuit of low-cost, multi-day energy storage. The candidate should be trained in safe laboratory practices and should be adept at independently generating and interpreting electrochemical data. The ideal candidate would have direct experience in electroplating or applications such as electrowinning, electrorefining, etc, but experience with other electrolysis systems or metal-ion batteries is also valuable. This position offers an exciting opportunity to participate in cutting edge research and development, where you will contribute to a sustainable future.
What You'll Do:
- Independently perform experiments, troubleshoot, and collect data on a variety of electrochemical systems
- Analyze, interpret, and present electrochemical data to inform subsequent electroplating process modifications
- Characterize materials using a suite of advanced analytical techniques
- Contribute to the transition of development from the bench scale to larger cell and module prototypes
- Clearly communicate learning and progress across organizational levels and functions
What You'll Bring:
- B.S. with 2+ years of industry experience in electrochemical techniques and applications, or a Master’s degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Electrochemical Engineering, or related fields
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical processes and characterization techniques such as cell fabrication, cyclic voltammetry, and chronoamperometry for battery, corrosion, and/or electrodeposition applications
- Demonstrated experience with materials characterization techniques such as XRD, SEM, and particle-size analysis
- Hands-on laboratory experience with hazardous chemicals
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.