Manager, Process Engineering - Electrode
Pittsburgh, PA /
Technology – Advanced Manufacturing /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Form Energy is seeking a Process Engineering Manager who is passionate about making a positive impact and is eager to help lead our growing manufacturing organization. As the leader of a team of highly innovative engineers and technicians, you will be responsible for the development of manufacturing processes from pilot production to high volume production on our Pittsburgh and West Virginia production lines.
In this role, you will collaborate with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, operations, safety, assemblers, and other teams, as well as external suppliers to develop and validate electrode processes for high volume manufacturing. You will play a key role in ensuring that our manufacturing operations meet quality, cost, and delivery targets, while continuously improving our manufacturing processes.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Hire world class engineers to expand Form’s process engineering capabilities and bandwidth
- Lead and manage the team working to develop and validate processing lines in close coordination with the equipment development team
- Establish process-structure-property relationships for the OEE electrode and leverage this understanding to create stable and capable production lines
- Troubleshoot and resolve early process & equipment issues, performing modifications and improvements to the process definition and verification efforts
- Build relationships and communicate with a broad group ranging from assemblers/operators on the line to other engineers and departments within Form to resolve issues quickly and iterate rapidly towards successful solutions
- Drive the use of process related best practices for the process engineering team
What You'll Bring:
- A hands-on, lead-by-example leadership style
- 8+ years of process development experience in a manufacturing or pilot line environment
- 2+ years of experience managing a team responsible for process engineering, preferably related to new process or product introductions
- Experience using statistical methods for making process development decisions
- Experience in the operation of ovens and/or furnaces and material handling equipment
- Experience designing safe processes involving hazardous materials
- Strong interdisciplinary communicator, across a range of engineering and business functions
- Demonstrated track record of innovative development and engineering
- BS required in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering or related field
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.