Business Development Lead
Somerville, MA /
Business Development & Analytics – Business Development /
Form Energy is a small team of passionate people committed to helping the world transition to a 100% renewable energy electric grid with new technology. We are developing a new class of ultra low cost, long duration energy storage systems which will make renewable energy fully dispatchable year-round and scalable worldwide. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category leading investors including ENI Next, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine and Prelude Ventures. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough problems that can only be solved with a combination of technical innovation, hard work, and joy. We are looking for diverse, world-class talent to help us change the way the world uses energy.
The Business Development & Analytics team at Form Energy is looking for a Business Development Lead who will enable the team to expand its market engagements. In this role, you will frontline commercial engagements with market participants, to enable the successful commercialization of Form Energy’s product offerings. You will engage with market participants to understand product requirements and act as a voice of the customer for the analytics and software development teams. You will explore the white space of storage development with our partners to understand major pain points at the analytics and project development levels. You will enable the analytics team to prototype new features and will communicate outputs to commercial partners and other stakeholders. You will leverage your and the team’s knowledge of energy, finance and optimization to creatively develop more effective approaches for all storage development stages.
What You'll Do
- Engage with market participants to commercialize Form Energy’s storage and analytics offerings
- Gather data, run extensive simulations and support collateral creation for partner presentations
- Act as primary interface between co-development partners and Form Energy’s analytics team
- Engage with market participants to understand and address analytics and project development pain points associated with grid-scale storage
- Creatively explore and iteratively prototype new features to accelerate project development, from origination to risk management
- Systematically develop a go-to market strategy for Form Energy’s product offerings
What We're Looking For
- Excellent communication skills - business development or other stakeholder-facing experience is a must
- Demonstrated track record of success in a market-facing, commercial function with B2B products
- Strong background in financial modeling and power optimization, and ability to solve problems at their interface
- Deep knowledge of energy markets
- Familiarity with renewable energy development activities (experience is a plus)
- Ability to collect and organize large data sets, run extensive quantitative analysis to address complex questions and present complex results in clear compelling ways
- Basic programming skills (e.g. MATLAB / Python)
- Passion for the mission!
- Enjoy the fast paced, results driven environment of a startup
- Data-driven decision makerDrives projects to completion
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable independently advancing analytics engagements from conception through data analysis, results compilation and presentation
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills Hands-on approach to analytics problem solving
- Flexible working style: Can “wear many hats” and jump quickly between projects
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary project teams and deliver results
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.