Manager, Manufacturing Technology
Pittsburgh, PA /
Manufacturing Development – Advanced Manufacturing /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We’re looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager that is looking to amplify their impact and lead a growing manufacturing organization. This person will build and lead a team of highly innovative equipment engineers and technicians that will be responsible for manufacturing equipment development through pilot production and into high volume manufacturing on our Pittsburgh and West Virginia production lines. You’ll work with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, operations, safety, assemblers, and a host of other teams as well as outside suppliers to develop and deploy production ready equipment. We are seeking a leader with a demonstrated track record of developing and scaling manufacturing equipment in materials-focused industries.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy's Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area).
What You'll Do:
- Hire world class engineers to expand Form’s equipment development capabilities and bandwidth
- Lead and manage a team working to specify, design, develop, de-risk, and commission novel manufacturing equipment in close collaboration with the Process Development team
- Create systems to rapidly develop equipment from concept to deployment on our production lines
- Troubleshoot and resolve early process & equipment issues, performing modifications and improvements to the process & equipment
- Build relationships and communicate with a broad group ranging from assemblers/operators on the line to other engineers and departments within Form to resolve issues quickly and iterate rapidly towards successful solutions
- Define and implement best practices for manufacturability assessment, design for manufacturing, manufacturing cost modeling, and manufacturing partner qualification
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of equipment development experience, ideally in a materials-focused industry
- 2+ years of experience managing a team responsible for custom equipment design and development internally and/or with equipment suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in driving down manufacturing costs while maintaining or improving product quality for complex electromechanical assemblies
- Experience gathering data, validating, and debugging/troubleshooting new manufacturing equipment
- Experience working with design engineers and providing DFM feedback for new products/prototype builds
- Willingness to perform hands-on build and testing of workstations and equipment when necessary
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and readiness to interact with a wide range of other professionals and suppliers
- Experience in powder handling and roll to roll manufacturing processes
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.