Senior Global Supply Manager, Electrical Equipment
Berkeley, CA /
Operations – Supply Chain /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a highly skilled professional to develop and execute our strategic sourcing strategy for our energy storage systems, electronics, and electrical power components. You will manage the electrical components supply chain for early engineering builds and scaled manufacturing and deployment of our energy storage technologies. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-moving, dynamic environment where you’ll work alongside colleagues applying humanity, excellence, and creativity in all we do.
What You'll Do:
- Build and own the commercial partnerships with our strategic electronics and electrical power component suppliers (Power Converters, EMS, MMU, EMU, PCBA etc.) to support our Gen 1 energy storage system concept and scale-up strategy
- Act as the primary interface with suppliers on contract and pricing negotiations, development and production lead times, escalations and resolution
- Drive commercial cost negotiations with suppliers to ensure Form receives the best possible pricing; leverage cost models and analyze current market conditions
- Monitor current market conditions and technology roadmaps to identify and address any supply challenges proactively and to determine future business opportunities
- Document component cost and work with Finance to track BOM cost in different program phases
- Support organizational objectives by identifying and negotiating commercial cost reduction opportunities, including insourcing vs. outsourcing decisions
What You'll Bring:
- At least 5 years of strategic sourcing and/or category management experience in a fast-paced, highly fluid environment; strategic sourcing role, preferably for electrical systems or energy storage
- Experience developing "should-cost" estimates and analyzing vendor quotes
- Ability to work both independently as well as to collaborate cross-functionally on multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership
- Understanding of contract fundamentals; demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approx. 30% of the time
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
The salary range for this role is $142,970 - $192,955. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.