Engineering Program Manager
Somerville MA or Bay Area CA /
Technology – Technical Services /
Form Energy is a small team of passionate people committed to helping the world transition to a 100% renewable energy electric grid with new technology. We are developing a new class of ultra low cost, long duration energy storage systems which will make renewable energy fully dispatchable year-round and scalable worldwide. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category leading investors including ENI Next, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, The Engine and Prelude Ventures. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough problems that can only be solved with a combination of technical innovation, hard work, and joy. We are looking for diverse, world-class talent to help us change the way the world uses energy.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager to establish the program management function at Form Energy. In this role, you will collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders from across the company. You will help frame and inform strategic decisions needed to bring our novel long-duration energy storage technology to market. Further, you will establish program management systems and structures, based on best-practices and your personal experience, to effectively integrate with and support Form Energy’s world-class technical team. In particular, you will maintain a dynamic and agile development schedule while proactively identifying project dependencies and constraints. You will collaborate across the technical and operations teams to enable timely and efficient communication of scope, budget, and schedule for key technical initiatives across the company. You’ll work side-by-side with both technical and business teammates to highlight future challenges and coordinate efforts to address them.
What You'll Do
- You will establish program management systems and structures, based on best-practices and your personal experience, to effectively integrate with and support Form Energy’s world-class technical team
- Manage hardware development programs from concept development through NPI
- Drive hardware development programs to milestones while managing and communicating schedules across multiple teams
- Interface with multiple engineering teams to ensure component and subsystem deliverables come together as an integrated product
- Implement planning and communication tools that track and communicate program plan and status across the organization; leverage those tools to inform and contribute to data-based strategic decisions
- Proactively identify and frame key program-level decisions and work with stakeholders to develop decision-quality options; facilitate progress by ensuring appropriate organization, resourcing, and prioritization of key efforts
- Establish close relationships across technical and business groups and promote a cohesive and efficient program team
- Collaborate across the organization to proactively identify and highlight critical-path dependencies, risks, and opportunities.
- Teach and mentor co-workers at Form Energy in best practices for program management
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years in a program management role, with at least one commercial product launch
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) in engineering or a physical science
- Comfortable filling in the gaps where you see them. This is a startup and you are the glue.
- Enjoy the fast paced, outcome-oriented environment of a startup
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary teams and to effectively manage up and across
- Data-informed decision maker
- Drives projects to completion
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.