Manager, Material Planning
Berkeley, CA or Pittsburgh, PA /
Operations – Supply Chain /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Form Energy seeks a Manager of Material Planning to ensure raw materials, components and sub-assemblies are delivered to Form Energy pilot lines and production sites to support production needs, at optimal efficiency. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, you will build and manage a team of world-class material planners that will directly support our growing Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams. In this role, you will fully understand Form Energy’s supply chain and production operations, as well as be an expert on your assigned product or commodities. You will deploy inventory strategies, be responsible for product change and associated material planning implications, manage and solve exceptions, and drive supplier execution. This role involves daily management of supply and constraints, status reporting and escalation, supplier engagement and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Create and deploy supply requirements to the supply base via MRP which achieves production, inventory and cost objectives. Ensure demand from all sources (production, aftermarket, engineering, etc.) is supported appropriately.
- Manage planning system parameters and master data to optimally reflect supply chain capabilities and plan supply.
- Apply analytics and supply chain expertise to manage system parameters and meet target inventory and service level goals while minimizing costs and obsolescence.
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with assigned suppliers. Act as the primary interface with suppliers on delivery status, issues and resolution. Escalate to commercial or technical partners when required (GSM, accounts payable, quality, engineering, etc.).
- Support onboarding and training of new suppliers to ensure operational excellence and compliance with Form’s supply chain processes and policies.
- Coordinate supplier ramp up and down for new product launches, ensuring suppliers deliver shipments needed to support production targets.
- Deliver clear-to-build status, material coverage, run-out reports and other analyses as needed. Provide data-driven decision support to the broader organization through what-if and scenario planning (as examples).
- Manage engineering changes to minimize obsolete inventory and ensure continuous supply.
- Partner with IT and other business stakeholders on planning process and system improvements.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, finance, or supply chain management.
- Strong knowledge of MRP/ERP with a solid understanding of discrete manufacturing, bills of material, product lifecycle management, procure to pay processes and supply chain operations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate and analyze data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline. CPIM or APIC training is a plus.
The salary range for this role in PA is $142,965 - $176,335 and in CA is $164,410 - $202,785. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.