Senior Electrical Engineer
Berkeley, CA /
Engineering – Reliability & Test /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are looking for an experienced individual in the test and development area to help us develop our core technology by joining our growing infrastructure-test team. You will be responsible for leading electrical system design for battery test infrastructure, developing test automation, as well as resolving electrical component related issues during the battery testing. You will work closely with the technology development and technical operations teams to set up battery test stands, facilitate battery testing, and contribute to test operations scale up efforts - making a direct impact on our mission towards enabling a 100% renewable grid.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, test and integrate new test platforms and components as per electrical requirements
- Develop PCB, wiring harness, control panels for sensor integration, safety interlocking, data acquisition for battery testing
- Perform benchtop testing for sensor arrays and other electrical system design validation tests
- Lead electrical design process improvement projects to ensure safety and increase data quality
- Produce engineering documents such as SOPs, schematics and design justifications and maintain documentation for electrical & software test setups
- Troubleshoot test stand related issues using RCA techniques and document the findings
- Work with technology teams to understand novel requirements and with test technicians to execute the projects
What You'll Bring:
- 4+ years experience in electrical design and creating electrical schematics for new test equipment setups
- Experience in one or more of the following areas- PCB design; sensor integration + data acquisition; PLC + ladder logic; energy storage device (high voltage) testing
- Familiarity with data acquisition tools as LabView and with scripting languages such as Python
- Oscilloscope, prototyping, soldering, and other relevant hands-on experience
- Experience with procuring & maintaining electrical/automation parts inventory
- Basic laboratory safety knowledge and excellent workplace organization habits
- Positive attitude and appetite to learn and grow within our organization
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to share ideas to contribute to organizational and technical problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science
The salary range for this role is $142,970-$176,255. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.