Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
United States /
Operations – Supply Chain /
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As the Senior Supplier Quality Engineer at Form Energy, you will focus on our battery active material supplier development, qualification, and industrialization. You will be responsible for establishing and managing quality and reliability standards for Form products. You will help establish the metrics to measure the quality of Form’s products and be a point of contact for resolving quality issues from the field and manufacturing partners. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering & Industrialization within Form’s Global Supply Chain organization and be highly cross-functional with the team.
Form’s Supplier Quality and NPI team is responsible for critical component development and qualification activities at suppliers. The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams, traveling to suppliers in different regions, and on-the-spot decision-making. This role is critical to pushing the limits of current manufacturing processes to achieve scale, reduce defectivity, and enable Form Energy’s rapid growth.
What You'll Do:
- Establish incoming/outgoing quality standards and metrics to be utilized by manufacturing partners
- Assist in the development of raw material specifications
- Work with the NPI team to define and manage quality control and acceptance test procedures.
- Lead failure/root cause analysis efforts employing standard practices
- Assist in the development of supplier quality documentation Drive Zero Defect mentality within the supply base
- Monitor and measure supplier performance related to quality nonconformance
- Work with suppliers on Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Work cross-functionally with the Design and Reliability engineering teams to understand the system-level requirements and analyze the component-level performances
- Lead audit activities at suppliers to ensure products are manufactured and shipped according to specifications
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in quality, manufacturing, or production development
- Chemical engineering/raw material experience
- Knowledge of quality standards, approval processes, and manufacturing/process improvement methodologies
- Understanding of applications of SPC, Cpk, Gage R&Rs, PPAPs, and process qualification methodologies
- Experience with supplier development, management, and auditing with global suppliers to industry quality standards (ISO9001, IATF16949, AS91000, etc.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (BS in Chemical Engineering desired); Science; Physics or another related degree. Engineering-related MS preferred
The Pennsylvania salary range for this role is $108,045 - 133,280. The California salary range for this role is $124,250 - $153,270. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.