Experienced Front-End React Engineer (Remote, Toronto)
• Do you love building responsive user interfaces using the latest React APIs and GraphQL with standards-compliant, accessible markup and modern CSS syntax?
• Do you obsess over bundle size, TTI, and runtime performance on low-powered devices?
• Are you comfortable building frontend system architecture and writing discoverable, consistent APIs?
• Do you take pride in writing comprehensive unit and integration test suites?
• Are you a patient and effective communicator?
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and are frequently invited to speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to stay on top of industry trends and tools and to cultivate your skill set continually.
This role is a Formidable full-time position via our Canadian partner organization. It will be a remote work-from-home role to start. The intent is to repeat our Denver and Phoenix successes in Toronto by building a team and setting up a centrally located permanent office in 2020.
The position is open to residents of Toronto, ON. Sorry, no relocation assistance is available.
- 3+ years of professional experience in React
- An interest in working in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and a smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines.
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project stakeholders effectively.
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others.
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, etc.
You're experienced in:
- Modern styling libraries and methods
- Semantic HTML
- Front-end build tooling (Webpack/Parcel, Babel, NPM/Yarn)
- Front-end testing libraries/methods
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with or willingness to learn Typescript
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with web accessibility/a11y
- Experience with or willingness to learn Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi
- Open Source contributor / an interest in giving back to the development community
What we offer our remote employees
- 25 days of PTO annually and unlimited sick time
- Generous parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental plans
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Flexible work schedules
- Co-Working space stipend
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- A supportive and collaborative internal culture
- ...And much more to support your life, both during and outside of work!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering Canada working visa sponsorships at this time. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Come As You Are The best ideas are born from a workplace that’s inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability and so on. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are born. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.