Senior Backend Engineer (London)
We make sure our employees get opportunities to grow within Formidable and participate in daily decision-making processes. Our engineers are leaders in the community and are frequently invited to speak at key conferences. Working with other Formidables, you are guaranteed to stay on top of industry trends and tools and to cultivate your skill set continually.
- Experience building production Node.js systems at scale
- Experience architecting and building cloud solutions on AWS
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of high availability, monitoring, and reporting, incorporating them into each project from the very beginning
- Experience with Git and code collaboration in teams
- Demonstrable ability to learn quickly
- Extensive experience with the modern web application stack:
- ▾ Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi
- ▾ Persistence layers like MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to communicate architectural concepts to clients and team members alike
And it'd be great if you have:
- Experience leading teams
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Terraform
- Contributed to open source NPM packages
The best ideas are born from a workplace that's inclusive and diverse, from race to gender to ability and so on. When people from varied backgrounds, experiences, and thought processes come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard. Please, come as you are and be yourself.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom. We are not offering UK/EU working visa sponsorship at this time.