Senior Backend Node.JS Engineer
You are someone who builds production-ready web services using the latest node frameworks and libraries. You write discoverable and consistent APIs and you take pride in writing well-tested and readable code.
• Experience with Git and code collaboration in teams.
• Demonstrable ability to learn quickly.
• Extensive experience with the modern web application stack:
▾ Node.js frameworks like Express and Hapi
▾ Persistence layers like MongoDB and PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience leading teams.
- Contributed to open source NPM packages.
- Familiarity with GraphQL.
- Building systems on cloud infrastructure.
Who We Are
Formidable is a privately-held, bootstrapped firm based in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Developing complete web apps, embedding experts in clients’ teams, leading technology-specific training—we tailor our offerings to our customers’ needs, be they startups or Fortune 500s. We’re pushing the bleeding edge of the modern web by advancing the open-source software we use, teaching and learning new technologies, and pursuing opportunities and growth.
Formidable is committed to hiring the best people for the job, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
This position is in Seattle, WA. Relocation assistance may be available or full-time remote work may be possible for exceptionally qualified candidates.